Just as the tooltip says, this only affects the amount of _scrap_ you receive from _barrels_. This has no effect on crates, chests, or boxes. This has no effect on the number or quantity of components you receive from barrels.
Barrels normally drop 2 scrap at a time, so the increase in scrap actually works as follows:
- Basic Scrap Tea: 30% chance of dropping 1 extra scrap.
- Advanced Scrap Tea: 100% chance of dropping 1 extra scrap, 20% chance of dropping 2 extra scrap.
- Pure Scrap Tea: 100% chance of dropping 2 extra scrap.
Note that the "chance" isn't the right word here because the game keeps track of when you're due for extra scrap.
A few extra tea tips:
- Death removes all tea buffs.
- Like food, pressing the number key for a tea in your hotbar will instantly drink it.
- Tea buffs of the same type (e.g. wood, ore, scap) do not stack.
- Drinking a pure tea (+100%) then a basic tea (+30%) will make you sad.
- Drinking extra teas only resets the timer to 30 minutes.
- Tea buffs of _different_ types do stack. For example, you can have wood and ore tea active at the same time.