The F1 Grenade is a better suited for combat throwable, with the only similar to it being the more primitive Beancan Grenade, more suited for raiding than the F1 Grenade. The F1 Grenade has a fixed fuse of about 3 seconds unlike the Beancan Grenade which has a random fuse, which can either dud, explode in an instant or explode after a millennium. The F1 Grenade has received a huge buff in the September update of 2019.
It's rarely seen in combat, where it's meant to shine, but due to the buff, it is way more effective in that regard. Using it as an offensive grenade is way better than the Beancan Grenade, due to the fact:
- • it has a fixed fuse of 3 seconds, that obviously cannot dud
- • does not hiss like the Beancan Grenade
- • no one would expect you to use it
- • it now does improved damage and is now one of the few ways to deal with a turret in a base
But the downsides are as follows:
- • depending on the way you use it, any player who pays attention to his surroundings can get away from it or take cover
- • gives off a sound upon landing on a surface, which will alert anyone near it.
It's a weapon that has a very situational usage. You can keep enemies at bay with it, force them to go away or provoke them to rush you. If you want to use in more efficiently in combat, one possible way to counteract the fuse is by
- • throwing it in a specific arc so that when it lands, there's a second or less of the fuse remaining.
Other important tips:
- • Explosive protection is a thing, but there is no exact way to counteract explosions fully with any set of armour, so this grenade will deal a devastating amount of damage if it hits, anyone healing behind cover is likely to get killed if they've been critically injured.