The F1 Grenade is a better suited for combat throwable, with the only similar to it being the more primitive Beancan Grenade, more suited for raiding than the F1 Grenade. The F1 Grenade has a fixed fuse of about 3-4 seconds unlike the Beancan Grenade which has a random fuse, which can either dud, explode in an instant or explode after a millennium. The F1 Grenade has 15 less damage than the Beancan Grenade, but in return costs half the gunpowder. It does A LOT, and I mean A LOT less damage than the Beancan Grenade to walls, buildings and etc, so it is ill-advised to use it in raiding.
Due to the nature of the F1 Grenade's usage, it's really very rarely seen in combat, where it's meant to shine. Using it as an offensive grenade is way better than the Beancan Grenade, due to the fact:
- • it has a fixed fuse of 3-4 seconds (not always a good thing, but it means that it will not dud)
- • does not hiss like the Beancan Grenade
- • no one would expect you to use it
But the downsides are as follows:
- • the fuse is long enough to allow someone to get away immediately from it upon spotting it
- • gives off a sound upon landing on a surface, which will alert anyone near it.
- • can only instantly kill nakeds at certain close distances
It's a weapon that has a very situational usage. You can keep enemies at bay with it, force them to go away or provoke them to rush you. If you want to use in more efficiently in combat, one possible way to counteract the long fuse is by
- • throwing it in a specific arc so that when it lands, there's a second or less of the fuse remaining.
Other important tips:
- • Explosive protection is a thing, but there is no exact way to counteract explosions fully with any set of armour, so this grenade will deal a devastating amount of damage if it hits, anyone healing behind cover is likely to get killed.